Potluri.V, Rallabandi.S, Srivaastava.P and Prahallad.k. (2014). "Significance of Paralinguistic Cues in the synthesis of Mathematical Equations" International Conference on Natural Language Processing
- B.Tech (HONS) and MS by Research in Computer Science and Engineering, International Institute of Information Technology Hyderabad. 2010 to 2015
- Senior Secondary, P. Obul Reddy Public School. 2008 to 2010
- Research Fellow (advised by Dr. Manohar Swaminathan), Microsoft Research India, July2017 to present.
- SoundScape for VisualStudio: The goal is to explore the design and use of a Spatial Audio UI to improve IDE usability for visually impaired developers.
- CloudATM Financial services are not very accessible to people with visual impairments in India. We propose a new ATM software design to improve accessibility of ATM cash withdrawals for people with visual impairments.
- Research Intern, Microsoft Research India, January 2017 to May 2017
- CodeTalk: A Visual Studio plugin to improve IDE accessibility for developers with visual impairments.
- Consultant at Microsoft India RND LTD, Hyderabad, India, March 2016 to December 2016
- Office Accessibility on Android Worked in the team responsible for accessibility of Office Apps on Android. My technical abilities and expertise in accessibility enabled me to contribute at various stages of developing the Office apps; from prioritising different features and designing the right experience with the program managers to implementing and shipping these experiences with the engineering team. The product’s accessibility experience has received positive feedback from customers.
- Prototype to improve navigability in Microsoft Word The idea was to simplify navigating the complex UI of Microsoft word using voice input. This being my proposal I took a large role in driving it.
- Accessibility tests for Office apps on Android I was responsible for identifying accessibility issues in Office apps on Android. In addition to rooting out issues as per Microsoft’s Accessibility Standard (MAS), I was also responsible for identifying usability issues in the apps.
- Soundscape for Visual Studio A Spatial Audio UI design to improve developer productivity for visually impaired developers by introducing non-linearity in screen reader information access.
- CodeTalk A Visual Studio plugin to Improve IDE accessibility to developers with visual impairments through improved code glanceability, navigability and real time access to IDE information.
- CloudATM An ATM infrastructure design proposed to improve accessibility of ATM cash transaction to visually impaired people. The re-design can be built on top of UPI.
- Audio Rendering of Mathematical Content Techniques using speech and non-speech audio to render mathematical content in audio.
- Unified keyboard shortcut standard for screen readers Every screen reader has its own style of keyboard shortcuts, makeing it difficult for visually impaired users to switch between different screen readers and platforms. The idea is to explore and propose guidelines for choosing keyboard shortcuts for screen readers and eventually come up with a universal keyboard shortcut mapping.
talk at LV Prasad Eye Institute, Hyderabad, India
Presentation at International Technology and Persons with Disabilities Conference, San Diego, California, USA
Talk at TEDxYouth at Hyderabad2016, Hyderabad, India
- Programming languages: C, C++, Python, CSharp
- Scripting languages: Bash
- Assistive technologies: JAWS, NVDA, VoiceOver (Mac and IOS), Mobile Speak.